• Requirements for a Startup 09 September 2013 | View comments


    1. Seek the advice of a qualified accountant, especially if you are setting up your own business for the first time.

    2. We will discuss with you your current and future situations to enable you to choose the best option as to whether you should start up as a sole trader, a partnership or a limited company. The differences will be explained to you.

    3. The business structure will determine which tax you pay, how and when you should pay it.

    4. We will advise you as to whether you need to be registered for VAT and its implications for your business.

    5. If you are going to take on employees, we can register your business for Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and carry out the payroll for you.

    6. If you want to start up as a limited company, we can set it up for you at Companies House, and register your company for Corporation Tax with HMRC.

    7. Discussions on requirements for good record keeping, and whether spreadsheets or accounting packages such as Sage or Quickbooks are appropriate.


    Contact Valerie Chan for your first one hour free consultation.


    Telephone: 0208 682 3122

    Mobile: 0793 925 8900

    Email: VChan@vfaccountants.co.uk

    Website: www.vfaccountants.co.uk

    « Back to archive
  • Leave your comment

  • Name:
    Enter the code shown above: